Monday, July 28, 2008

Prolouge

Several years ago , almost so long ago that word several seems severely stretched I started a book project about how I had come to Christ after 47 odd years of wandering in what I thought was a spiritual wilderness. After a promising start the "Book " was shelved. MY wife Lori has always encouraged me to finish the thing , but something has kept me from it ..I had several good excuses , and a few irrational ones ...but now it seems as if the best reason and the true reason was it wasn't time yet.
I believe its time ..I believe its time because I believe that it is in Gods time that it be revived ..I have no rational reason for this decision , I just know that the decision is right and that God is involved , and when God is involved , well God is totally involved.
I am going to start writing this book again based not on my own well formulated plan but on the faith that God will take what I have bottled up in my head and heart and let it pour out. It may also spill out and at times it may more closely resemble the actions of a warm soda bottle kicked across a ninety foot lawn , then hurriedly opened.
Realistically for a while this last scenario seems more realistic.
For awhile the story may look like one of those 1200 piece Jig Saw puzzles you find at the Lake house you just rented for the Summer , and like the puzzle at the lake house there may be some pieces missing ..at least for a while.
I am so disorganized in my flesh that I don't even know if I am going to work on the edges, corners , or specific form or color...I simply know its time to both start and finish.
I do know that all these pieces are a gift from God ...and that as the Scriptures say He has plans for me , and He has prepared me for these plans .
And as the scripture also says He has prepared me for these plans ...and as well Gods ways are not our ways ..He has given me this puzzle and will reveal it , its not alphabetical, nor is it Chronological .. it is waiting to be reveled .

Psalm 139:13

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

2 comments:

Lori Stilger said...

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see what God's going to do, where He'll take us! :D
Love you! I'm proud of you for listening!

KARNA said...

Kenn - Blessings on your endeavor - I met you as Scott4hugs in chat ... the good and not so good ole days!

love ya both,
Karen